A real challenge is to make a Tribal inspired make-up look wearable and that's what I went for. It's a simple, yet exotic, bronzed look with the right amount "pop of colour". I bet you want to see and read the details about this look!
The theme for this week's make-up tag is Tribal. Tribal all the way, baby! Like I said, I wanted to keep the look wearable, so I went for a gold look that I "smoked" out a bit and a pop of colour. Bronzed up my face, put a generous amount of highlighter on the cheekbones and a soft colour combination on the lips. It's no surprise I got a little carried away by the theme, so I grabbed different scarves and tried to tie them around the head as a true African, as I went for the African tribal look.
To see how the other ladies did, check out Aqeela's post here!
As usual I have many pictures for you, so keep scrolling!
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - 53 Light Beige
- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation - Caramel (contour)
- Catrice - Club Tropical Bronzer - 001 Light Bronze (limited edition)
- Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - 005 Silky Beige
- Teeez Be Blushious - 401 Brilliant Peach (highlighter)
- Catrice Kohl Kajal - 040 White
- Urban Decay - Naked2Palette (Snakebite, Chopper, Half Baked, Bootycall, Tease, Verve)
- Sleek Au Naturel Palette (Cappuccino)
- MUA Intense Colour Eye Liner - Turquoise
- Teeez Island Palette Eyeshadow - Take A Dive
- Sephora eyeshadow duo - Golden Kaki N06 (light colour)
- Sephora Flashy liner waterproof - 16 flashy ultra brown
- Sephora Long-Lasting Eyeliner - Black
- Max Factor Masterpiece High Volume & Definition Mascara - Black
- E.L.F. - Radiance Enhancer highlighter - Golden
- Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur - 66 Boise De Rose/Rosewood
On to the make-up!
I've got to say that I'm digging this soft look with the pop of colour! I might be wearing this more often this summer. Without the tribal dots on my cheeks, bien sur. A little tip for the green eyed ladies: try this look, but replace the blue by purple and make your green eyes come out beautifully! The purple and gold will do your eyes so much good, you'll see!
Is this a look that you would try?Or do you already wear a similiar "pop of colour" look? Send me a picture or the link to the post if you wrote about it!
OH BY THE WAY!
Make sure you follow me on Instagram too! Every week I post a (sneak preview) video of the make-up look I do, so you can see how it looks "in real life" (so not only on pictures, I am aware that Instagram is not real life, really)
Plus I post other fun stuff too of course :) Go find me on username petitesal and hit that FOLLOW button!