I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation°
Still doesn't ring a bell? I bet it does if you're a 90's kid! Or if you just love Barbie.
Well, as if it wasn't obvious yet: this week I have a Barbie doll inspired make up look!
I've been wanting to do a Barbie look for the longest time! This week's makeup tag on Aqeela's blog gave me the opportunity. Check out how the other ladies did! For the look I didn't exactly copy Barbie's look, but I did use the blended pink and the darker crease. For more contrast I used baby blue on my lid. Falsies, perfect looking skin & PINK lips and the look was finished.
At the age of 22 I still have a slight obsession for Barbie. I don't love her as much as other girls do (for example: I hate
pink), but still. I also often listen to the Barbie song from Aqua, the one I quoted before. And believe it or not but the song has a line I still live by! Can you imagine those morons actually inspired me with their song? I can't believe it either, but it's the truth.
Imagination, life is your creation
I love that line in so many ways. Because life IS your creation.
I'll let you figure that out yourself, because I think I've talked enough by now!
Products I used
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - 53
- Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid Foundation - 60 Caramel (contour)
- Sephora Smoothing & Brightening Concealer - 01 Clair Light (highlight)
- Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder - 005 Silky Beige
- Rimmel Natural Bronzer - 022 Sun Bronze (contour)
- E.L.F. Blush - Pink Passion
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin (Thank you so much for this, Fatin!)
- MAX Makeup Palette - Color me Crazy (
- Urban Decay Naked2Palette (Tease and Blackout in crease, Busted in outer V, Half Baked on lower lashline)
- Maybelline Eyestudio Mono Eyeshadow - 01 Snow White
- Sleek Palette - Au Naturel
- Catrice Liquid Liner - 010 Dating Joe Black
- Gosh Kohl Eyeliner - White
- Catrice Kohl Pencil - 030 Brown
- Max Factor Masterpiece MAX Mascara - Black
- MAX Makeup False Eyelashes
- E.L.F. Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara (for my brows)
- Colour World Lip pencil - 006
- L'Oreal Glam Shine - 112 Disco Pink
And now, let the make up do the talking!
°Lyrics are from Aqua - Barbie Girl