Looks like I caught the A r a b fever again! I think we have a favourite make up look, you guys! Not to wear daily, bien sûr. Did my mysterious picture got you curious? (Sorry about that, I got a little carried away..)
Keep on reading for more pictures and.. a tutorial!
(Tip: click on the pictures to enlarge)
Yes. An A r a b i c inspired make up look, again. Sorry guys, but I actually have two reasons! Our lovely beauty blogger Aqeela has a weekly make up tag I joined and this week the theme was A r a b. You can check out her blogpost here and join too! And second: I had so much fun creating the last Arabic inspired make up look, I couldn't help myself but doing it again. I warned you lovely ladies before!
This look is a bit extreme, but that is the A r a b i c eye look. I used highly pigmented eyeshadows and for the highlighter I used a white.
The products I used
Around the eyes
- Catrice eyeshadow base
- Max Factor Colour Precision Eyeshadow - Pearl Beige
- Max Factor Masterpiece MAX Mascara - Black
- Max Factor Masterpiece mascara - Black (waterproof)
- L'Oréal Contour Kohl - 131 Jet Black
- Catrice Pencil Eyeliner - 070 Golden Bronze (Limited Edition)
- Sephora Long-lasting Eyeliner - 01 Black
- Sleek Au Naturel Palette - Bark
On the eyes
- Max Factor Mono Earth Spirits - Brinca Bronze (it looks weird, because it was broken and I fixed it)
- Maybelline Eyestudio Mono - 01 Snow White/Blanc Neige
- Max Factor black eyeshadow (Don't know the number, but it has a subtle silver shimmer)
- Catrice High Pearl Eyeshadow - Luscious Green
On the lips
- MAC Pro Longwear - Unlimited
- L'Oréal Glam Shine 6h - 110 Addictive Peach
On the face
- Max Factor Mastertouch Concealer - 303 Ivory
- Max Factor Second Skin Foundation - 070 Natural
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
- Maybelline Expert Wear Blush - 57 Peach
- H&M Blusher - 12. Dazzling Peach
Okay, so let's get started!
NOTE: I was already wearing mascara when doing this tutorial. I had no time to remove it. Shame on my, I know.
1. Apply an eyeshadow base and put a piece of tape from the outer corner of your eye to the end of your eyebrow. I put the tape a bit under the outer corner of my eye, so I can make my eyes a little bigger. Tip: stick the tape on your hand first to remove stickiness. You're applying it around the eyes, a sensitive area.
2. In a V-shape you apply black pencil on your lid. Wing it up a little. Don't worry about it not being neat.
3. Blend the pencil.
4. Apply a gold eye pencil on the other half of your lid. Doesn't have to be neat. I also applied it under my lower lid, but later on I decided I didn't want this anymore haha.
5. Apply a black eyeshadow over the black pencil.
6. Apply a gold eye shadow over the gold pencil.
7. To blend the gold with the black and to give a little extra, blend the gold and black with an olive green eyeshadow.
8. Blend well.
9. Apply a highlighter on your browbone. Before I applied a white eyeshadow, I used a liquid eyeshadow (in an off-white colour) to make the highlighter stand out more.
10. Also apply highlighter in the inner corner of your eyes and blend with the gold.
11. Apply black eye pencil on your waterline. Make sure you get between your lashes too.
12. Best part!! Remove the tape carefully. If your line isn't straight as mine, you can remove any smudges with a q-tip. We'll be making the line straight later on with concealer.
13. After the best part comes the hardest part. Apply liquid eyeliner on your upper lashline. Start with a thin line, you can always make it thicker. Wing your eyeliner slightly. Then go to your inner corner and make a sharp corner. Connect the bottom with the sharp corner. Draw the line with the liquid eyeliner until about where your eyeball starts. From there you continue with the black pencil (sharpen your pencil!). Make sure you don't see any gaps between your lashes.
So: above and inner corner till where your eyeball starts = liquid eyeliner. From there and the rest of the bottom = pencil eyeliner.
14. Curl your lashes, add loads of mascara and/or fake lashes.
If you've done the lining, you're done with the eyes!
This is how it looks.
Above with flash, below without.
15. There's no A r a b look without filling the eyebrows! I didn't fill them in too much.
16. If you look at A r a b i c women with make up, you see their skin is flaw-less. I applied two layers of foundation. After the foundation, I applied concealer under my eyes and alongside the wing to make it more neat. I saved these steps for last, so the skin can be more flawless. You can remove any fall-out and it won't spoil your flawless skin.
To complete the look I applied a peach blush on my cheekbones and a slightly pink one with a peach undertone on the apples of my cheeks. And I finishes with a nude-pink lipstick and lipgloss. Done!
Heavy look, I know! But still, I didn't want to wash my face!
Prepare for a photoshoot. I felt like an A r a b i c p r i n c e s s.
Have you tried this look?
If you do try this look, or have tried it before, I'd love to see it!! Send me a link to the post or a picture on twitter! (@PetiteSal)
EDIT: I've changed some terms, removed some pictures and added space between the letters. The reason why I did this, is because I checked my Traffic Sources and it seems that some freaks google weird things and end up on my blog!! No way, Jose!